CENTRAVAC CHILLERS – PART 1
Two (2) sessions, Part 1 and Part 2 covering:
PART 1 –
Provides a comprehensive overview, including general discussion of centrifugal water chillers and includes the following topics:
• Introduction to Chilled Water Systems and Centrifugal Water Chillers.
• Components – compressor, motor, condenser, evaporator, purge and controls. Refrigeration cycle covering system operation.
• Compressor Capacity Control – inlet vanes, impeller dynamics, compressor unloading, surge and adjustable frequency drives.
• Maintenance Considerations – general maintenance requirements of a centrifugal water chiller including importance of maintaining related pumps and cooling towers.
• Mechanical Considerations – reviewing operating logs and trends, observing oil pressure drop, monitoring evaporator and condenser approach temps, observing and recording the oil level, monitoring purge pump-out operation.
• Application Considerations – condensing temperature control, cooling tower bypass, constant or variable flow, heat recovery and ARI Standards.
PART 2 –
A continuation of the Trane CenTraVac Operator – Part 1 course covering the area of troubleshooting including:
• Understanding of chiller logs and the identification of problems
• Preventative maintenance
• Inspections required to monitor and maintain system efficiency and safety
• Water treatment
• How to troubleshoot:
• Air in the machine
• Low condenser water flow
• Fouled evaporator tubes
• Condenser water bypassing condenser tubes
• Bypassing chilled water tubes
• Low chilled water flow
• Fouled condenser tubes
*Bringing a laptop computer and USB is recommended.
*Pre-requisite of Chilled / Hot Water Pumps Course Recommended
This is NOT a “Certification” course.
TARGET AUDIENCE: Servicers, Building Operators and Contractors
FT. MYERS LOCATION: *No Training in Ft. Myers – Office is Currently Under Construction*